All ages (newborns-teenagers). Children with traditional and specialized needs, including:
- Medically Fragile
- Developmental Delays
- Emotional and behavioral challenges
- Sibling groups
Requirements for Foster Parents
- Live in the Metro-Atlanta area
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Be financially self-supportive
- Pass a criminal and child protective services (CPS) background check
- Complete a medical evaluation and drug screen
- Provide references
Steps to Become a Foster Parent
- Attend Orientation
- Complete Pre-Service training
- Participate in Home Study
- As foster parents, you provide the love, nurturing, and quality care that is important in assisting children to succeed in their lives.
Orientations are held each month for prospective foster parents and further describe the services offered by Community Connections.
Orientations are held at the Community Connections office located at 2300 West Park Place, Suite 114, Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087.
Please contact Diane Jackson at (770) 465-9644, extension 103 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the next orientation date.
Pre-service training classes are designed for prospective foster parents to obtain an overview of the foster care process, to determine what type of child(ren) will best suit their family, and to make an educated decision on moving forward with the application process. After attending orientation, prospective foster parents can sign up for the next available pre-service training.
Once prospective foster parents complete the pre-service training and required documents are submitted, the home study consultations will be scheduled. A Community Connections representative will complete the home study and a fee will not be charged for the home study services.